I declare the visual development for Ara’s Tale as finished.
This is not 100% true, but I declare it nonetheless. Actually I still have to do the lipsyncing for two shots. This will be done after Ara’s Song is recorded, which will happen this very weekend.
The lipsyncing part should not interfere with any visual developments done so far. I just have to adjust the lip movements to Julia’s voice, feed the shots into my render pipeline and be done with it. You can be sure to hear if this turns out to be different
For the sound recording, I purchased a very simple but quite capable recorder device, a Zoom H1. It records uncompressed WAVs at a sample rate of up to 96kHz and 24 bits.
I got some very helpful tips from Mikkel on how to approach this recording. One of his tips was how to build yourself a cheap popfilter, which is an essential tool for the song recording. You may know the filters from images, where a big round net is positioned in front of the microphone.
Here is mine: built using an old badminton racket and a pantyhose !
This filter works amazingly well. With this type of professional gear the recording session with Julia should go like a breeze
And finally, I put some stills directly taken from the picture locked directory for you here on the blog. Looking at them as stills reveals quite some problems an shortcomings, but used in the actual movie they work pretty well.