A quick update only.
I started to texture Ara’s face. The shader itself is only a plain lambert shader where I use some color maps to preview the painting result.
To have some guidance later in the texturing process, I rendered out a test render with the current state of texturing and than I started doing paintovers in gimp. These experiments are not finished, but I wanted to show one result of these tests.
I will use some sort of multi layered SSS skin shader but I have to experiment a bit with these to see how to approach the painting of the different skin layers to get the desired end result.