Progress is quite good so far. Since my last post, I managed to finish 5 more shots. If I can keep this pace, 2011 might actually be a realistic goal.
But I have already opened a new box full of surpises, which holds the potential to delay the progress indefinitely: I am exploring the possibilities of the new blender smoke simulation.
And as with all the simulations, you have to test and test and test …
Going through some tutorials helps of course, but in the end you have to know what to do, to achieve the desired effect for a shot. In the shots where the ledge is shown the first time, I made use of the smoke simulation to show rising mist coming from below.
As stated in my last post, there will be no new animations to show, but this time I give you a glimpse and show you frames directly from the actual shots:
and now, time to do some more lighting …
8 thoughts on “More shots done”
Good job Todd! Now if you were just getting paid for it.
Thanks Mom, and btw my name is Martin ;), Todd is doing his own short project -> http://reignoffury.com/blog
Well, its all just fame and glory I guess … 🙂
Looking great. How did you do the small rocks on the ground?
The rocks were done using a particle system, where the particles are displayed as objects out of a group using random pick, size and rotation.
I used a painted vertex group for the density of the particles, with this I can actually paint the rocks onto the ground.
Beautiful!! That first shot really blew me away, this is coming out really nicely! Way to go man! The only tiny crit I would have would be the scattered rocks and pebbles could use a tiny bit of backlighting…
Thanks Todd !
As I already commented at the blenderartists thread, the rocks are my weak spot for this shot right now 🙁
Looking great. I hadn’t checked in on your progress in a little while and these latest shots are looking really nice. I’m looking forward to seeing the film!
Yeah, I like the latest shots as well, if I may say so :). It will be still some time before the beast is finished, though.
And just today I got notice about a development I had almost given up on, which will further slow down the progress. But this will be a separate post once its confirmed 😉